Adrienn Mendonca-Jones is a writer, proofreader and copy editor available to edit your one-off project or consult in an ongoing capacity:
- Proofreading – Reading through your final manuscript or blue lines for all the things you don’t want in your final copy
- Copyediting – a full and thorough copyedit of your manuscript, including:
- mechanical editing for house style, especially spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and other wonderful subjects often found in the Chicago Manual of Style
- editing for grammar, language, diction, and style, while retaining the author’s intent and feel
- cross-correlating items like Tables of Contents, illustrations, endnotes, footnotes, and the like to make sure you look good
- editorial queries with light content editing, helping to insure consistency in the final product
- not including permissions, indexing, or typecoding
She does not do developmental or substantive editing for hire but will read well-matched manuscripts on occasion and depending on availability, if the project suits her taste and areas of expertise.
Adrienn is a former reader for TLR, The Literary Review of FDU, one of the oldest literary magazines in the United States. Her editorial expertise includes art history and art catalogues, women’s fiction, historical fiction, literary fiction, yoga and spiritual books, self-help books, and conservation-based fields of art, folklore, traditional culture, historic preservation, and environmental conservation.
She has served as an editorial assistant in the Publications department at the de Young Museum and Legion of Honor in San Francisco, and is the former state folklorist for Georgia and maintains an active yoga teacher certification through Yoga Alliance. You can find some of her work at Misfit Yoga, where she writes an occasional blog reviewing spiritual and yoga books.